Hello all,
This morning Will and I were out the door running bright and early at 8am. He had a speech evaluation this morning. Though we arrive at the WRONG office on time and the CORRECT office late, the evaluation didn't take too long. They had to use the most difficult criteria to test him.
Will is "technically" at a speech delay of 26%. They are not hearing the beginning consonant sounds that he SHOULD be saying. He does say several words. Those include:
Jack Jack- our dog
Dada
Momma
owei
truck
bye bye
hi
shoes
in
out
That's about it. He is saying the "pah" sound for both UP and CUP. We are working very hard on bite, eat, more and other words of that nature. It will take about 30 days for a therapist to be assigned to us. I am excited.
We are also going to start using sign language with Will. We have noticed that when he gets really tired or frustrated he cannot get his point across. This makes it more difficult for he and I both. So if we can get the signs down that will help Will get his basic needs met, I think he will be much happier.
We also learned that using an electric tooth brush will benefit Will. It is supposed to help stimulate the muscles in his mouth. So today after the evaluation, lunch and a GOOD nap, we headed off to Target. We left with a new Baby Einstein video "Baby's first sign's" , new tooth brushes for both kids and a new People magazine for ME! YAY!
After our fun outing at Target we had to go to the grocery store....ugh!! I HATE grocery shopping. But this weekend was SO much worse. We are in the middle of retired military hell, they are having a case lot sale and it's pay weekend. OH JOY! But we made it through and now dinner is in the oven. I plan on spending the rest of the night relaxing. I see a hot bath with a new People magazine in my near future!!!
Have a great weekend y'all.
That's great your getting help with it. I hope the sign language works for you guys. I wish it had worked for Rhys but he refused anything to do with it unlike Caden who enjoys it.
ReplyDelete