Saturday, May 16, 2009

NOT a Not me! Monday

Hello y'all,

On Saturday morning Mike and I were NOT awakened by Morgan hovering over our bed asking us to get up. We politely sent her back to bed where she stayed, and even fell back asleep, until sometime closer to 8. Her brother however, did not take after his sister and was wide eyed and ready to go by 745.

All I wanted to do was enjoy my cup of coffee and bagel, then I would start laundry and cleaning for the day. My plan failed! My sweet little boy did NOT spill my coffee all over his CLEAN white polo shirt so that I would have to get off my lazy rump and start laundry right at that moment. There went my morning. No use in trying to relax, just jump right in and start cleaning.

In the process of cleaning our house. Mike went to our room for something then ran from one end of the house to the other like a mad man. I quickly fallowed back to our room to see what the fuss was all about. Our sweet little Yorkie-poo, Jack, had NOT decided to jump on top of our WHITE down comforter and relieve himself. Yes, the dog went potty on my bed.That would NEVER happen to me. Well, we had planned on taking the comforter to the cleaners anyhow this week. So it just got moved up a few days.

As things were beginning to calm down here at the house, Jack made it all crazy again. I had made it back from the cleaners but was outside talking to a friend. I heard Mike and Morgan yelling at the dog, but figured he had a shoe or something. Oh it was something all right. It was a baby bird!! SERIOUSLY, NOT MY DOG! It was crazy. He would not drop the bird. Morgan was in tears and Mike was trying to get the dog without upsetting Morgan too much. I was still talking to my friend, completely oblivious. That was until Mike called me. I had to come home and console Morgan while he put the bird back in it's nest. I hope it lives, but you know how Mother Nature can be. I was NOT laughing on the inside at the vision of my husband tossing a little tike's slide at the dog to get him to drop the bird! *note, the bird did NOT live and we have since had a baby bird funeral*

Again, things were calming down. Or so we thought. Jack decided he DID NOT need to add a little more clean up to our day by puking on the floor by the back door. Granted, we do have tile and he WAS by the back door, so obviously he tried scratching a time or two and Mike (sitting right there beside the door) didn't hear him. Not my sweet attentive husband, NEVER ever!

Dog puke and pee taken care of. Child consoled. Bird in the nest (be it a dead one). Comforter at the cleaners. Laundry washed. And this is supposed to be date night? Are you kidding me? Lord please let it get better. I need a nap and Mike wants to go to a movie. Ugh.And all of this was our Saturday BEFORE lunch!

After lunch our day seemed to calm a bit. Thank goodness! We were supposed to have a family dinner before our date. This DID NOT happen. I absolutely DID NOT feed my children Burger King so we could run out the door as soon as the sitter walked in!

Our sitter is a lovely girl, Lilly. She is just the sweetest. Always on time and polite. I feel that she is more certified than myself to take care of my children sometimes. I had to break the news to Lilly about Will's surgery. Will had a circumcision earlier in the week and was still recovering. I DID NOT turn a million shades of red when I explained to her how to clean and care for his wound. SERIOUSLY!

Our date night truly was fantastic. We went to see Angels & Demons. It was very good, even if you haven't read the book at least twice. I would NEVER read a book more than once. We even had a dinner out, WITHOUT children. It was great. We were even home and in bed before midnight.

Sunday was a miserably boring day. It rained ALL day. We sat on the couch ALL day. It was very sad. The highlight of the day was Dairy Queen after dinner and getting to watch the Survivor finally. I told you it was sad.

This was supposed to be a "Not Me! Monday" post, but there were not too many "NOT ME's" this week. I am sure I will have a TON for the next one. We are expecting company this Thursday and they are staying for 4 days! I am so super excited!

I hope you all have a lovely Monday and please drop by MckMama's blog to read all of the fun "Not Me's" here is the link http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

Till then y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh i think i would of cried if a dog did that on my bed.
    Love the blog though

    ReplyDelete