Seven year olds...what can I say? Other than the fact that I want to lock her in a closet for a little while...I honestly do love her. Are hormones really kicking in already?? I swear i think they are.
On Wednesday's Morgans homework is always the same, writing a short paragraph about a prompt that the teacher provides. This week it was, "On Spring break I will..." Normally we do not have a problem with this. But today...AAAGGGHH!! it was worse than pulling teeth!! Seriously!! The first sentence was ok but it went down hill from there, rapidly.
It ended with tears and time out. Yes, I know. A seven year old in time out? yes! There was so much back talk that I really had no other option. She had already lost Wii and DS until Friday evening.
Her attitude is getting increasingly worse over the last few months and we are at a loss of what to do. We have tried grounding her from specific items such as video games and tv. but what are we missing?? I just do not know! I hope things turn around quickly or its going to be a very sad Spring Break here in my house.
On to another topic. Will and I went to play group this morning. It was help at the community center instead of the gym today. We were early birds and arrived 30 minutes prior to playgroup. OOPS!
April is the month of the military child for those of you who didnt know. The kids "planted" pin wheels in the garden of the community center. The pin wheels are to represent children of military families that have been abused. Sadly it is just as present on a military instillation as it is off of one. You would think of ALL places your babies would be safe here, but its just the same, on or off post. Unfortunately our Soldiers deal with just as much stress as your average Police Officer, Doctor, Fire Fighter, Mechanic or Pilot. Wait, those are ALL Military jobs also. All of this to say that April is ALL about the Military Child. I hear there are going to be carnivals and all sorts of things going on around here this month I cannot wait to see whats to come. Will had a great time "planting" his pin wheel in the garden, though he didnt too much like the grass. The kids also sang songs and had snack. Will actually sat in my lap and HALF WAY participated in song time. I was thrilled.
Speaking of the little booger, he is up from his nap so I must be off.
You all have an great evening. Till then y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment