Last night for dinner I made some homemade Salisbury steak along with broccocheese and mashed taters. Let me tell you, I think this is my FAVORITE salisbury. steak recipe EVER!! I figured I would share it. Will and Morgan both ate it all up and even Mike thought it was "slap yo granny" good!! So here ya go and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Salisbury steak
1 pound extra lean ground beef
2 egg whites
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup milk
Garlic salt
Onion powder
salt
Italian seasonings
red pepper flakes ( tiny bit)
In a large bowl mix together egg whites, milk and Oates. Add beef and seasonings. Mix together until well blended. Divide into four even patties. Cook in a non-stick skillet until done. You can add gravy if you want too, its good with out though. I did add gravy, the every day jarred variety because I suck at making the REAL STUFF. Either way, it is some yummy goodness! It doesnt take long to cook the meat. By the time you make instant taters and the frozen brocco cheese is cooked, youre DONE with dinner. And isnt that nice when it all comes together at the same time?? I think it is!
Other than dinner, things here are going rather well. Will is doing just fine after his surgery. He has finally decided to trust himself enough to let go of the furniture and walk. He is going all over the place now. Down the hall, in the kitchen....even walking through the grocery store and PX. We had to "Will proof" the kitchen cabinets. He just was not getting the meaning of the word NO! I have never had to do that before. Morgan just "got it."
I am hoping for nice weather this weekend. I would love to go on another pic nic with Mike and the kids. There are SO many places around here that are just oozing with history and I want Morgan to soak it all in. Granted knowing that I want her too, she might think it is the most boring thing ever!! But at least she will have exposure! Right?? I think I am going to make a list of all of the wonderful things I want to do while we are living in Virginia. We have three years, but if our past has taught me anything, I better make a list and get on it QUICK! Time passed WAY too quickly in Germany and I missed out on A LOT of things. I do not want to do that again.
I guess that is all for today. You all have an amazing evening with your families.
Till then y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment