Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh school projects

They are a part of life. We have all had to do them. And yes, they still stink! Morgan has to do a Chinese kite with 4 ancient Chinese inventions on it. Well do you know what all the Chinese invented?? A whole stinkin lot of stuff!!! Oh MY Gravy!

Once we narrowed it down to 4 items, then challenge began. The things we chose were fireworks, paper, umbrellas and the crossbow. Yeah, I kind of had to push for that last one, but I could not figure out a way for her to draw silk!! At first she wanted an animal shaped kite. Have you seen those things? I am not THAT good of an artist!! I was going for a 3D box type thing but I just gould not get the image in my head out right. So we went with a rectangle because we all know a simple diamond shaped kite would NOT work for miss priss!

We have glittery fireworks on the top of our kite. Underneath we have a freakishly ancient looking crossbow (complete with string, thank you Mr Travis), a rather awesome umbrella decorated with cherry blossoms that Morgan drew herself and some ancient looking paper. Now the paper HAS to be my favorite thing on her kite. I was rather involved in that one and lost one of my favorite plates in the process. We took normal white paper and soaked it in coffee then microwaved it. The directions said 10 minutes. Well....OK. At about the 6 minute mark there was a nasty pop in the kitchen. Guess what? My plate broke!!! I was a little angry, but had to laugh. Once we got the hot plate parts out of the microwave, Morgan, Mike and myself enjoyed pouring water on them and listening to them sizzle. Sad, we know. Dont hate, it was fun. Anyhow, we even looked up how to write Morgans name in Chinese characters. its rough looking, but it was fun. I will have to take pictures when the kite is complete.

So after a few tears, multiple earasers going in the trash, glitter all over the patio and a broken plate, the project is almost complete. I cannot wait to show it off. My girl has done an amazing job and all I did was make some paper and break a plate! :)

Happy Sunday all. Enjoy your week ahead.

1 comment:

  1. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    office blinds abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete