Sunday, September 13, 2009

Could you please...

pray for baby Chase. You see, I met his mom and dad this afternoon at work. It started out innocently enough. I was helping a co-worker load some things into dads truck. As we were doing so, we commented on what a nice purchase he had made. He explained that they had not planned on getting it SO soon but mom had went into labor a bit early. Being my curious self, I asked "how early?" He responded telling me 26 weeks and a few days. My jaw hit the pavement!!

Now, if you know me, you know I have a very valid soft spot for preemies. You see, that is when I delivered Will. I told dad this and his eyes lit up! He was so happy to know that they were not alone. One question led to another and I ended up talking to dad for some time. He asked lots of questions and I did the best I could to give him answers. As dad was getting in the truck to leave I asked him "Sir, if you don't mind my asking, what is your sons name?" He respnded, "Chase...thank you for asking."

Now I am pretty sure dad had NO CLUE why I was asking. But I hope you know. I like to put a name to the people I pray for, not just a cause. I mean, sometimes you only have a cause and that's OK. And soemtimes, you only have an initial or just a feeling and that is grand too. But me, I like to have a NAME to bring to Jesus.

A while later I had  a lady at my desk asking questions about an item. She asked something about prematurity. I asked her if she happened to be mom. She perked right up and I knew it was her. She asked how I knew. I explained I had helped dad earlier in the day. She was so thrilled to have met me and be able to ask some questions. She was scared but positive. We talked at length for a while.

So while I know that they have a long, hard road ahead of them, I would really appreciate ANY and ALL prayers sent up for baby Chase. I know that even though his mom and dad may never know, we will and that is something.

Preciate it y'all! Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. aww bless. We will all be praying at this end for baby chase

    ReplyDelete