It has been way too long! I know, Im a super bad blogger! I don't think I have anything seriously or even remotely important to blog about today, it just felt like the thing I needed to do.
So where have I been you ask? Well....I quit my job back in April ( I miss it so much)! And I started going back to school in May. That basically says it all!
In April my job was experiencing cut backs, odd for the medical field, but it happens. Mikes job was gearing up to require A LOT more travel and in order to save us a little money, I stopped working and began going back to school at night. Currently I am only taking 1 class but it is stinkin' 4 nights a week! Gosh I love Biology! :)
We also pulled Will out of full day daycare and Morgan out of after school care. They are both home with me ALL the time. Somedays it is all nice and loving and other days, I question why more mamals do not eat thier young! But summer is upon us and I have big plans for these kiddos! Hopefully they will cooperate and it will be grand!
Today is Fathers day. What did my lovely husband get? Woken up bright and early at 630 by our sweet, not so little anymore, boy. He has decided that when the sun is shining, we are apparently wastin' daylight! We grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed out to church. We have found the best little church home and we just love it. Well, Mike, Morgan and I do. Will starts crying the moment we enter the parking lot until we drop him in the nursery. Once service is over, he litterally BOLTS for the door. Hopefully time will cure this.
After church we headed over to Barnes & Noble to look for some books. Now, if you have known my husband for a long time, it might seem odd to you that the man reads, but he does!! And sometimes he picks some really good books! But again, if you know him, he would MUCH rather see the movie! I swear, I cannot win with him. We ended up getting the first twilight book and the third. since he has already seen the first two movies, why bother starting at the beginning? Right? Nope, I must read them all, in order and watch the movies too.
We enjoyed a nice lunch at ruby Tuesday's and ended up seeing a few good friends there. It was nice to see them and catch up on the weekend. We headed home shortly after lunch because Mike had to finish packing for his flight this evening. Its Father's Day. Did I mention that?? gosh sometimes I LOVE the Army!! Making my love travel on Father's Day. I mean, I know it could be worse. he could be deployed to some distant land and we wouldnt have even had the joy of spending any of our day with him. I guess in this instance we are blessed.
*change of topic*
I found out today that a freind of mine J, that has been on bedrest for a little over three weeks, gave birth to a baby girl last week. Apparently, things did not go very well for mom or baby. Mom has somehow survived with massive medical intervention. Baby E did not. Please, even if you found this crazy little lazy blogger by mistake, please lift this family in prayer. My friend has now joined the most dreaded club on earth. That of a parent who has lost a child. Somedays, I feel like I am president of this club, though I know many have gone before me, and many will go after me.
I do have to take a HUGE step back and realize that the God of the universe sent His one and ONLY Son to this earth to die for me. KNOWING all the while that he would suffer a great deal and eventually DIE for us crazy humans who continue to sin! Why would anybody KNOWINGLY give thier child to DIE for another?! Especially me?
Finding this out on Father's day, I guess is a bit ironic. Our message today at church was all about God's timing. Though we often ask, "Why me?" We are reminded to be patient with God's timing, trust in His ways and live by Faith. His most awesome powers are revealed when He is going to get the most glory.
I know I have questioned God probably more than a million times in my 28 yrs. I also know I have seen his hand at work. I have seen how things that some would call ironic, I called God. I have seen an infant turn three shades that no parent wants to see and I have seen a person that has God on thier shoulder bring that same infant back to a bubbly sweet shade of pink. I have been the parent to walk out of the hospital with my arms empty and my belly swollen. I have also been the parent to walk out of that same exact hospital with my hands full of sweet baby only God could have saved.
Thank you for reading my rather long post with no pictures and massive run-on scentances. Please lift up J and her extended family. They sure could use a prayer or 5 billion. Thanks so much.
Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
ReplyDeletelinen curtains abu dhabi