It's Saturday. A rather nice one to boot. We all got to sleep in a little late. We enjoyed a breakfast of sweet rolls and coffee. Then my little world started to crumble.
I began wiping down the door frames and appliances, cabinets and doors. Mike took care of the dust bunnies and carpet critters. I realized in just a short while I will be spending the rest of my day at work. In a big, huge, warehouse type of retail building. Clothing scattered all over the floor. Moving furniture that I would never spend money on. Climbing ladders and retrieving that most sought after swing, car seat or stroller.
I miss my lazy days with my kids and husband. I miss being with my family. I miss them at night when I don't get to put them in bed. I miss the sweet things they do through out the day.
And as I right this, the dog is in my lap and I am past time to get ready to leave. I guess even Jack misses me being home to groom him on Saturdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment