Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sometimes, if only

Sometimes, I wish people could take a step back and look at the rest of the world. The part of the world that DOESN'T revolve around them.

Let's start with Doctors. Some of them are absolutely amazing and with out them, I would not have either of my children. But there are those few that are either too hung up on thier ego to listen to a parent OR are just to ignorant to understand a parents intuition. Today, I ran into one that seemed to have a bit of an ego until I explained a little of my childs history. Upon completeing the gauntlet of tests we had done today, we went back to see this Doctor. She agreed that I had reason to act like a crazy mom and was even a bit proud I had pushed for answers. Good deal.

On to other people. There are people out there who refuse to ask for help or admit they are wrong, or sick. They think that every negative statement that comes out of another persons mouth is about them, when in all reality, it has NOTHING to do with them. This just grates on my nerves!!  Ya know, at one point in my life, I was the essential Negative Nelly. No more. No longer. Not going to happen. I refuse to let the hate I have had in my heart for people get me down. If you want to, then by all means, go for it!!

There comes a point in ones life that they can no longer place blame on everybody else for the choices that they themselves make. Once you turn 18, it all falls on YOUR shoulders. You wreck your car, you pay for it. You have a childe under age and out of wed-lock, you deal with it. You drink and drive, you deal with what happens. I have had MANY reasons in life to pull the "well Im depressed and life sucks" card and don't get me wrong, I have a few times. But in those times do I drink myself into an oblivion or take massive amounts of meds or steal or lie or blame anyone or anything for those issues? Nope. You know why, because I chose how I feel. Yeah I get depressed, I call a friend and we both end up having a good laugh or even cry out of the whole thing. Somedays, I hate the Army for taking my husband to far off lands...but I realize I have a roof over my head and overall, my life is pretty good. I made my life that way doing a few simple things. The first one being getting over the fact that I cannot change the past. It happend, move on. Chose to be happy today. forgive the person/persons the supposedly wronged you. You don't have to tell them to thier face ( though this is best) but write it down, it will help you feel better. The next best thing you can do, forgive yourself! Yeah you jacked up...move on and do better tomorrow. Number three, realize hurting yourself is a short term cure to a long term problem with the end result sucking for all involved, therefor not being worth it. Lastly, realise you have a tomorrow and there is always somebody who thinks you rock! Find that person and hold on to them for dear life!

For those few of you that read my blog, I hope I have not offended anybody...but then again, I dont really care if I did. If you were offended, either dont read it or learn from it.

Have a good one y'all. I am off to watch a movie with my Love.

1 comment: