Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Big boy beds and train tables!

This past weekend was very sad and very happy for a number of reasons. First off, as I said in my Monday post, my dear friend "L" left with her two little guys driving cross country. I miss her greatly already! Also this weekend Will moved into an OFFICIAL big boy bed!! No more toddler day bed for our little man!

Mike and I saw an amazing commercial for on e of the local furniture stores here and decided to check it out. We are SO glad we did. A matress set is supposed to last how long? Like 5 yrs or something?? Well ours was seriously on its LAST leg!! Through 5 moves and 6 yrs our bed had litterally bit the dust. So we indulged in a new one. It isn't exactly the memory foam I was going for, but I guess I will survive. I mean, considering the first night we had it I slept for a full 12 hours!!

We had been looking for twin beds for Will and/or Morgan. We just were not sold on anything. The set we looked at for Morgan was great. However, there was nowhere to put her 5 BILLION books and until we have a solution for that, we are going to keep her bunk beds. Mike and I had decided on a cute little boy set of bunk beds for Will. And they were super cute, but I was just not IN LOVE with the color of the wood. Now I know it would take little effort to change it, I just currently, do not have that much time. So we decided on a metal set of bunk beds. I know you are probably screaming NOOOO! But they are not the primary circus colors we all remember from our childhood. They are a dark silver/grey color. I could not think of anything I would put in my little boys room that wouldnt match these beds.

The best thing is that Wills rain forrest thing that he REFUSES to let go of, will fit on this bed! I am so happy about that. It made the transition to a big boy bed a little easier. We were worried because his crib is still in there. But as long as his toy is in the new bed, that's where Will sleeps. he has done so well. He climbs in the bed himself and refuses to get out until Mike or I open his bedroom door. he is doing so well. Such a big boy.

As for the train table. I have to say I lucked up on one of the best deals I think I have ever seen!! At the consignment sale I went to this weekend, I saw it!! I HAD TO HAVE IT! It was only 30 bucks!! What? Are you kidding me?? It's HUGE! And the one next to it was much smaller and more than quadruple the price! I talked myself into finding room and cash for it and it became mine!! Will loves it! I am so happy I bought it. I know it is something he will play with for years to come.

I hope you all enjoy your day and here are some pictures of our newly scored treasures!




No comments:

Post a Comment